The Philips Norelco QT4070 is a sturdy, masculine beard and mustache trimmer that allows the smooth transition from one length setting to the next. It has an onboard vacuum that makes it a convenient solution to have a quick trim almost anywhere.Its rapid-charging Lithium Ion batteries require only a one-hour charge to last through 50 minutes of shaving.
Under the Hood The Philips Norelco QT4070 comes in the box with just the trimmer, te charging adapter and a cleaning brush. That’s it! No gadgets and gizmos to speak off, because everything that the Philips Norelco QT4070 can do, it does from the inside. The first thing that caught my attention with the Philips Norelco QT4070 is that it comes with a powerful vacuum that does a good job of catching at least 95% of all the shavings that come out of a session. There is a turbo button just above the power switch and if you flip that on, not only does the blade get into high gear, so does the vacuum. With the increased power the vacuum does even better. I like the fact that I can shave at my desk just before a late evening meeting and look like I did at 9am that morning. It might not be the highest rated beard trimmer but its definitely in our top 10, so keep a look out for it and listen to the other features I have to talk about.
The next thing I like is the multi function indicator. It leaves no room for ambiguity. With just one glance I am able to get a full summary of all I need – the length setting and the charge in the battery. It’s a handsome display too. The blades on the trimmer are the star of the entire ensemble.
It is maintenance-free with no need to oil the blades, this is always a plus in my book. Not having to oil the blades means I do not have to put up with my whiskers smelling like mineral oil, a feature my significant other definitely appreciates as well.
The blades are self sharpening and are advertised as staying sharp for the life of the trimmer, we’ve not been able to verify this but have certainly had no issues with them staying as sharp as when they were bought after 100′s of uses. The other thing about that turbo button I mentioned earlier, is that it’s not just good for the vacuum. It works great for upping the power of the blades as well. If you have a rather thick growth, the extra power in turbo mode will get you sorted.
I like that I can choose the length settings with the Philips Norelco QT4070 and lock it into place from 1 mm to 18mm. I can even set the length to as low as 0.5mm which is about 1/64th of an inch. If its hard to imagine that length, look at it this way – it’s like a 5 o’clock shadow. Portability and weight are also a feature that is part of the trimmer.
The 50-minute charge held by the Lithium Ion batteries is sufficient to last me during my travel. In that case there is no need to lug my charger along. 50 minutes of charge can take me through 10 days, maybe 12 at times, of daily use. I am hardly away longer than that. The unit is also rather lightweight. There is neither strain nor discomfort when wielding the Philips Norelco QT4070 across my face, and its ability to follow the terrain of my face with its unique comb, makes shaving a breeze.
What’s great and what could be improved with the Philips Norelco QT4070
There are a few things that I really appreciate in this model. The first is the integrated vacuum system that comes with a turbo boost. I only use the turbo when I am not within the convenience of my own bathroom. The shavings are stored in a see-through compartment so you can clean it out when the time calls for it. Cleaning out the shavings is also easy to do and that makes using the vacuum a real pleasure.
The contour-following comb is a great design feature that completely simplifies the entire experience. I recall using other trimmers that do not have this feature, I’d have to go over the same spot more than twice just because it was around bend or corner. I never realized the benefit of the contour-following combs, but now I don’t see myself going back to the regular beard guards.
The ability to trim with cordless or with the cord tethering to the wall is a handy feature. It allows you to still get a trim even if you’ve not had a chance to charge it. It is easy to think that most trimmers do that, but they don’t.
The downside of the whole experience is the fact that there is no dual voltage on this model. I haven’t come across a time when that has caused me any inconvenience but it just nags me at the back of my mind that what if I had to use one at a foreign hotel? I realize it’s a trivial matter, but a gripe of mine, nonetheless.
The other downside about this is that I am unable to trim in the shower nor am I able to wash this out with water. I am not sure for the reason behind this, but it’s one of those things that took me a while to get used to. When I bought it I had mistakenly assumed that it was washable. Only after going through the instructions did I realize my error. I almost returned it but since I liked the way it felt in my hands and the way the motors were powerful enough to cut my thickish stubble, I kept it.Now I am used to it. I hope by the time I decide to get a new one they upgrade this model to make it watertight.
Overall I like the Philips Norelco QT4070 for the quality and the features it serves up. It is on the more expensive side of personal trimmers but it is a long term investment. There is no clanging and plastic feel to it, rather it exudes an air of grooming confidence. Even the seeming dislikes I once harbored have vanished as I have come to depend on my Philips Norelco QT4070.
You are eagerly anticipating that upcoming cruise, and perhaps been reading the cruise brochures or pre-cruise documents about the type of activities on board. If you will be cruising on a more traditional type of cruise ship, you will need to have casual, “elegant” casual or informal wear, and most likely some type of formal wear for dressy evenings. Thinking about the many different types of clothing you’ll need can make your head spin. You don’t want to take your whole closet, but you want to dress appropriately and feel that you fit in.
Here’s a guide to helping you pack as lightly as possible.
1) Be familiar with the weather in your destination ports. If you are going to warm weather ports, you know you can pack light for the daytime with shorts, capris, bathing suits and lightweight tops and dresses. If you are leaving from and coming home to a port where the weather is still cold, you can wear something heavier (coat, jacket, warm pants and shirts / tops), and wear the same thing on the day you return home. Therefore, this heavier clothing does not have to be packed.
2) Read the cruise brochures, cruise tickets or contact your travel agent or the ship’s cruise travel representative to get an idea of the expected dress during the evening. Many times, your cruise tickets will list the number of formal, informal and casual evenings, so that you can plan your wardrobe accordingly. Otherwise, a quick call to your travel agent or cruise representative will help you obtain such information. As a rule of thumb, most cruise ships have one or two formal nights for a seven-day cruise, and three formal nights for cruises 10-12 days.
3) Generally, a “formal” night on a ship means that women wear cocktail dresses or gowns, and men wear a dark suit or tuxedo. “Informal” nights require men to wear a sports jacket and tie, and ladies are asked to wear a nice dress or pants suit. On some ships, casual means that men do not need to wear a jacket, and they can wear very casual clothes except shorts or jeans at night. Women can wear a casual skirt or pants and top. On some more formal ships such as the Queen Mary, there is an “elegant casual” night, where even though men do not have to wear a jacket, and women do not have to wear a dress, you need to “dress up” your clothing a little with nice pants and tops and well-pressed pants and a nice shirt for men.
3) In order to cover as much ground as possible in your packing for all types of occasions on the ship, try to “mix and match” outfits. Even for formal wear, women can bring a pair of black silk pants or other neutral color dressy skirt or pants, and change the blouses or tops. You can add to the look with a short bolero or dressy shawl. Men can wear the same sports jacket a few times during informal nights, changing the shirt color and wearing different ties. Try to take shoes that will complement a number of outfits. You can also make an outfit look different and dressy by taking along an array of jewelry.
4) Remember that if your cruise is going to be at least a week, then invest into the best insulated coffee mug so you can keep your coffee warm!
5) Once you have packed everything, go through the suitcase again and see what you might be able to leave out. Chances are you have still packed too much, and can leave some things behind. However, don’t forget to take a light jacket or sweater for you and / or your spouse, partner or children, even if you are going to a warm climate. Ocean travel can bring surprising changes in weather,and you might need this extra covering especially in the mornings and evenings on deck. In addition, unless you are traveling a short distance from one port to the other, ocean travel brings a lot of wind on the deck, and you might need to wear a hat or hood while walking the decks.
6) Always pack the sunscreen. The combination of direct sun and salt water can make you sunburn more quickly than on land, especially when you are in the ship’s pool.
For more information on packing for a cruise, visit www.cruiseclues.com. This site provides links to cruise fashion forums and other sites that offer cruise packing tips.
You’ll see many different clothing styles on a ship, particularly during the day. However, on most ships there is definitely a protocol when dressing for the night. It is part of the elegance of cruising, but it does not have to be a hassle if you plan well, and be creative in your packing.
A real gaming experience means that you have the best hardware equipment that ensures you can play with full force. As the keyboard is the most used device and witnesses great and rapid clicks, it is critical that the keyboard is durable and long lasting. The design of the keyboard also plays a massive role in how your game will be played and the end result, so you need to pick a keyboard that satisfies each and every requirement and also ensures that your hands do not get tired of its use. One keyboard that guarantees satisfaction with its various features is the Nixeus Moda v2 Compact Mechanical Switch, Soft Tactile Feedback Keyboard – or more well known as the best gaming keyboard.
Design and Features
Beginning the Nixeus Moda v2 Compact Mechanical Switch Keyboard review, one great feature that must be highlighted is that the keyboard can be used with either a Mac or Windows 7, 8, Vista, and XP PCs as it is compatible with them all.
A fascinating feature of the keyboard includes its mechanical switches, which consist of the brown switch. This ensures that the gamer does not witness any problems while playing a game and has a smooth experience without any missed moves or loss of instructions. The keyboard is also equipped with an impressive switch rating; you can witness 50 million keystrokes, which ensures that the keyboard lasts for a long while and is highly durable for some rough gameplay. The keyboard is both functional and comfortable for use thanks to its incredible design, which ensures that it takes less space on your desk with its tenkeyless design.
The great thing about this keyboard is that it comes with a full three-year warranty in which the company promises to either fix or exchange the keyboard according to the need. You will also get free technical support for any problems with the assistance of the company’s customer representatives.
Performance and Quality
The keyboard has been given a rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars, which is a high rating amongst keyboards. Satisfied customers have given a lot of positive feedback about the keyboard, so if you are looking for positive things about the keyboard, you will find these reviews very useful. The performance and quality of the keyboard are fantastic, and it is rated as one of the best you can find. The build of the keyboard is sturdy, and it can take the pressure of intense gaming sessions without breaking quickly. The keyboard also ensures that the softness of the keys and the easy reach allow for smooth gaming. It ensures that the gamers do not witness any miss clicks or skipped instructions.
- Comes with brown key switches
- The design of the keyboard is ergonomic
- It has an incredible polling and response rate
- The keyboard is lightweight and durable
- It comes with a six-key rollover and an anti-ghosting feature
- Compatible with Windows and Mac
- The keyboard’s cable is not removable
- Does not include backlight